The Cabin is a wonderful, open plan, green oak timber framed studio apartment sleeping 2 (+1), nestled within neatly landscaped gardens in the residential village of Hill Head, in the borough of Fareham, Hampshire. Here you are only a few minute’s walk from Hill Head beach overlooking The Solent towards The Isle of Wight, offering unspoilt panoramic views.
- 5 foot king double or 2 x single beds to suit with all linen provided
- Large corner sofa bed for an additional guest, if required
- Modern shower room with all towels provided
- Kitchenette, complete with all essential mod cons
- Spacious fully open plan living
- 7 foot dining table to comfortably seat six diners
- Dining table converts to create a pool table, table tennis and air hockey table
- Separate smaller table for more intimate dining if preferred
- Wireless broadband, flat screen TV, DVD and Music Speaker
- Tastefully and comfortably furnished
- Private entrance with fully enclosed garden
- Limited hot tub availability (at additional cost, please contact us for further details)
- Ample off road parking
- 5 minute walk from Hill Head beach
- 5 minute walk to Osborne View waterfront pub, village store etc
- 10 minute drive into Gosport town centre or Stokes Bay beach
- 4 minute ferry ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays
- Ferry operates until 2am weekdays and 4am weekends
- Self catering with private chef available
- Short breaks available all year round
The Cabin is of a contemporary open plan design with heaps of natural light and character with the beautiful green structure exposed and on display. There is an overall feeling of relaxed comfortable space with a bedroom area accommodating a superior quality 5ft bed that can split to create 2 singles, plus a separate lounge area with a large corner sofa that can convert to create an additional double bed, a large flat screen TV, DVD player and Bluetooth Music Speaker.
Dividing these two areas is a large dining table that can comfortably seat 6 guests which can covert to create a 7ft pool table, table tennis or air hockey table creating a super fun games area when not dining. In addition there is a smaller round bistro table for 2-4 guests to dine more intimately if you so wish.
The kitchen is next to the dining area and is practically thought out and comes complete with all essential mod cons, plus to the side of the cabin is a separate utility room accommodating the washing machine, freezer and ample space to house bicycles and other outdoor items or be used as a separate office if you need to get a little work done.
Outside is a large full width decking area with table and chairs, a couple of sun loungers, BBQ and an area to hire in a hot tub if you desire. You can also hire kayaks and paddleboards along the beach to gain access onto The Solent’s waters.
All linen and towels are provided and are changed weekly with a mid week maid service available on request. Child cots and highchairs are also available at no extra cost. (if cots are provided, guests are asked to please bring their own child’s bedding).
Our prices advertised on our website are for up to 2 people in the large 5ft king size double bed that can split to create singles, plus we can accommodate an extra guest or two on a double sofa bed at an additional charge of £50 per week/part week per head or we charge £25 per set of extra linen requested.
Prior to your stay we are happy to help arrange any activities you may wish to organise and answer any questions regarding the local area or things to possibly do. We can also help organise catering options at the property be it an ‘a la carte’ meal for a special occasion, a hearty breakfast to see you through the day or afternoon tea. For menu choices etc please see the following link – private dining
* Our star system is based on current English standards
Location & Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What time is check in/out?
A - Check in times are between 2 - 6pm (unless agreed otherwise) with checkout by 10am on day of departure. If an early check in or late departure time is required then we will do what we can to help, however if this is vital for your plans we recommend guests book the extra night.
Q - Are towels and linen provided?
A - Bedding, linen and bathroom towels are provided with linen and towels changed weekly. Additional bedding, linen and bathroom towels are available at the cost of £25 per set, if required.
Q - What is the mobile phone reception like at The Cabin?
A – Below left are the links to see the UK’s coverage for the major 6 mobile phone networks. These are intended for use as a guide only and are not always 100% accurate as forces outside of the control of the telephone providers may affect the signal within or around the property.
Below right is the results of a recent broadband/wifi speed test taken within the property. This gives a good indication of speeds available within the building but may vary depending on external factors at any given time.