Stoke Villas is a super Victorian brick fronted Townhouse with splendid Corinthian front entrance pillars and other original features situated just a 5 minute drive from Stokes Bay beach and Gosport Town centre where the ferry to Portsmouth and the wonderful Gunwharf Quays is only another short 4 minute ferry ride away over the harbour entrance.
- 5 double bedrooms sleeping 17 (+2)
- King double or single beds to suit plus 2 bunk beds with all linen provided
- 3 shower/bathrooms with all towels provided
- Large lounge with original fireplace and French doors onto the decking area
- Large dining room (seating up to 18)
- Newly fitted large kitchen fully equipped for self catering
- Large conservatory + super fun gamesroom
- Wireless Broadband, radio/CD/ I-Pod players
- Tastefully and comfortably furnished
- Off road parking for up to 8 cars and private garden
- Pet friendly
- Limited hot tub availability (at additional cost, please contact us for further details)
- Central location with easy access to town and Gunwharf Quays
- 4 minute ferry ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays
- Ferry to Gunwharf Quays up until 2am weekdays and 4am weekends
- 5 minutes drive from beach (3 in total locally)
- Self catering with private chef and other catering options available
- Short breaks available all year round and all groups welcome
The 5 bedrooms can sleep up to 17 guests in superior quality 5ft King double or single beds plus additional visitors if requested and are made up with crisp white cotton linen and fresh white towels for all guests. All bedrooms have an additional single bed and 2 have superior quality adult sized bunk beds allowing a family of 3 or 4 if required plus some of the bedrooms can also accommodate children’s cots where necessary.
The 3 high spec bathrooms all have fitted showers and the main 1st floor bathroom is also fitted with a generous sized ‘P’ shaped bath.
The dining room is home to 2 splendid large oak dining tables seating up to 18 with comfortable matching upholstered dining chairs plus a central fireplace, chandelier, bay window and long flowing curtains.
The lounge has a large corner sofa, a 2 seater sofa and matching chair plus modern leather covered pouffees and comfortable bean bags with the smaller sofa and chair being John Lewis bed settees for extra guests, if required, with an original central fireplace, bay window and long flowing curtains.
The kitchen comes fitted with all essential mod cons, a large range style gas cooker, washing machine, dishwasher and a large American style fridge freezer.
The conservatory, off the kitchen, also doubles as a super fun games room and boasts a pool/table tennis/gaming table, a large wall mounted TV and X-box, plus plenty of games to keep young and old amused.
Finally there is the garden with decking coming away from the lounge French doors with outside table, chairs and parasol, a stone patio area, a raised lawn with trampoline area and a paved area where you can hire in a Hot Tub, if desired. (Please contact us for further details)
Our prices advertised on our website are for up to 17 people but we can accommodate a few more people within the bedrooms on futon style bed cubes plus the John Lewis bed settee and bedchair within the lounge, with the additional guests over 17 being charged at a rate of £50 per week/part week per head or we charge £25 per set of extra linen requested.
All linen and towels are provided and are changed weekly with a mid week maid service available on request. Child cots, highchairs and stairgates are also available at no extra cost. (If cots are provided guests are asked to please bring their own childs bedding).
Stoke Villas is pet friendly and welcomes well behaved 4 legged friends at no extra cost, we just kindly ask that any ‘deposits’ they may leave are removed prior to your departure.
Prior to your stay we are happy to help arrange any activities you may wish to organise and answer any questions regarding the local area or things to possibly do. We can also help organise catering options at the property be it an ‘a la carte’ meal for a special occasion, a hearty breakfast to see you through the day, afternoon tea, or an informal barbecue in the garden. For menu choices etc please see the following link –private dining
All our properties are located within residential areas so we do have neighbours whom we need to consider. If you feel you could comfortably monitor noise levels (in particular out in the gardens and outside areas into the evenings) then we would love to have you stay and have had countless gatherings who have had a great time with us at our properties. If however you feel that it would not be possible to monitor noise levels, then we would have to recommend you consider something more rural, without neighbours.
* Our star system is based on current English standards
Stoke Villas is a self catering, 5 bedroomed Victorian Townhouse in the southern coastal town of Gosport, set centrally within the area. It sleeps up to 17/19 guests and is suitable for get togethers, family holidays, business or crew accommodation. The house is well appointed with good access to local shops, the town centre, attractions and local bus routes. We provide a comprehensive welcome folder for guests outlining important and useful information with contact numbers available for the owners.
• For full details and maps of how to reach the property see the directions and maps section on www.completeholidayhomes.co.uk. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp; simply enter your postcode and the houses, which is PO12 1PD to get directions.
• The nearest railway station is Portsmouth Harbour which is a couple of miles away on the Portsmouth side of Gosport / Portsmouth ferry and is a short 5 minute boat journey over the water. Taxis are available this side of the harbour. If you require a wheelchair accessible taxi this can be booked locally from Sky Cars on 02392 522522.
• The property is set over four levels and has some fairly narrow Victorian doorways which fall short of the recommended width for wheelchair access, so the property would not be suitable for those chair dependent.
• There are local shops that provide equipment hire should you need it and if you do have any requirements let us know and we will be pleased to help. We would happily recommend ‘Solent Mobility Center’ 023 9200 9999, http://solentmobility.co.uk/.
• A welcome hamper is provided upon your arrival which gives some of the basics and local shops are within a minute’s walk.
• The Welcome Folder for Stoke Villas and this Access Statement are available in larger print on request.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
• You will be met at the property, shown around and offered useful local knowledge to assist you in your stay.
• Some parking is available outside the front door and there is additional side parking for up to 6 cars. The short pathway from the road leads directly to the front door. Visibility to the front is provided by streetlights giving a good level of coverage.
Entrance to Property
• The front door is 960mm wide.
• There are three steps up into the property.
• The entrance is well lit naturally and by streetlamps.
• The doorway entrance is tiled.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
• The passage way to the ground and lower ground floors is 800mm wide.
• The floor is laid with a medium pile carpet.
• The ground floor staircase has 12 steps to the 1st floor landing and is carpeted along with the upper landing areas. There are 4 steps down to the lower ground floor in which the kitchen, games room / conservatory and one of the bathrooms are situated. Access from the 1st floor to the 2nd is via 8 stairs with an additional 9 up to the 3rd floor.
• The staircases to the upper floors are fairly narrow with a handrail situated to the left hand side.
• The sitting room / lounge is situated on the ground floor level with the entrance hallway area.
• The floor covering is a short pile carpet.
• The door opening is 750mm wide.
• The room has a good mixture of seating with sofas and stool cubes, all the furniture is movable but there is good access around the whole of this room.
• The room is well lit with large windows to 2 aspects providing a great deal of natural light, additional light sources are table lamps, wall lights and ceiling mounted pendant lights when needed.
• The dining room is situated on the ground floor and has a short pile carpet as a floor covering and the doorway is 750mm wide.
• The access to this room is level.
• The room has 2 main tables with upholstered seating for up to 22. The furniture is all movable if necessary, there is good access to the room and space centrally for manoeuvrability however some of the seating close to the wall may prove difficult for those with limited movement or mobility.
• The table height is 720mm.
• Lighting is good and well provided by natural light with additional wall and pendent ceiling lighting when needed.
• The kitchen is situated on the lower ground floor with 4 steps down from the ground floor to access this level.
• The door opening is 700mm wide.
• The oven doors drop down and the maximum height of these are 700mm, the hob is 900mm from the floor.
• The microwave is 920mm from the floor level set upon the work surface.
• Work surfaces / food preparation areas are 920mm from the floor.
• The cupboards containing crockery and foodstuffs are 1400mm from the floor and set above the work surfaces.
• The height of the highest shelf to the fridge is 1500mm and the lowest drawer 400mm, the freezers top shelf is again around 1500mm with the lowest one 400mm.
• The sink tap is a double lever mixer type.
• Lighting is provided from the adjoining conservatory and a 4 spotlight ceiling bar provides artificial light when needed.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
• There are 5 bedrooms within the property, 3 are situated on the 1st floor with 1 situated on the 2nd and 1 on the 3rd floor.
• The doorways to the bedrooms are a minimum of 680mm.
• All of the bedrooms have a short pile carpet as a floor covering The beds are zip link 5’ King size and the configuration can be changed to singles to accommodate guests needs. The mattress heights are around 665mm. Some of the bedrooms also contain adult bunk beds.
• Access around the beds varies between rooms, several of the bedrooms have good turning circles and bedside access with the others being more obstructed.
• Bedding materials are cotton sheets and polyester pillows and duvets, additional feather pillows are available.
• All bedrooms have ceiling mounted pendent lights along with bedside table lights.
• The colours of the walls and floor covering are relatively neutral however the contrast between these is generally good.
• There is a good selection of storage options within each room with wardrobes and chests of drawers, rail heights in the wardrobes are not adjustable.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
• There are 3 bathrooms situated at the property, one on the lower ground floor and 2 on the upper 2 floors. All of the bathrooms have vinyl floor coverings.
• The ground floor bathroom has level access and appointed with a shower cubicle, toilet and wash basin. The shower has a step up into the cubicle, the pedestal basin is fitted with a single lever mixer tap and has a 770mm clearance below. The w.c height is around 420mm.
• The 1st floor bathroom is fitted with a corner shower cubicle, toilet and hand basin, there is level access into the bathroom itself but a slight step up into the shower. The washbasin does not has access beneath it and the w.c height is around 420mm.
• The 2nd floor bathroom again has level access with a shower fitted over the bath, the height of the bath is 630mm. The washbasin does not have access beneath it and the w.c is again 420mm in height.
• The bathrooms have door openings of around 700mm.
• All bathrooms enjoy natural light from the windows and are fitted with additional ceiling mounted lighting, please note that the lower ground bathroom is short of natural light.
• The garden enjoys both a paved patio as well as a grassed area, with various seating and tables.
• The patio is accessible from the house via a small step and the grassed area has one step up from the paved patio.
• The raised decked area has 4 steps from garden level or can be reached through the lounge / sitting room via French doors with level access.
Location & Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What time is check in/out?
A - Check in times are between 2 - 6pm (unless agreed otherwise) with checkout by 10am on day of departure. If an early check in or late departure time is required then we will do what we can to help, however if this is vital for your plans we recommend guests book the extra night.
Q - Are towels and linen provided?
A - Bedding, linen and bathroom towels are provided with linen and towels changed weekly. Additional bedding, linen and bathroom towels are available at the cost of £25 per set, if required.
Q - What is the broadband speed and mobile phone reception like at Stoke Villas?
A – Below left are the links to see the UK’s coverage for the major 6 mobile phone networks. These are intended for use as a guide only and are not always 100% accurate as forces outside of the control of the telephone providers may affect the signal within or around the property.
Below right is the results of a recent broadband/wifi speed test taken within the property. This gives a good indication of speeds available within the building but may vary depending on external factors at any given time.