Whitsun Cottage is a small cosy, one bedroom Victorian cottage sleeping up to 3 guests, recently converted to a high standard with a number of great space saving ideas to provide light and airy living. Situated within a short walking distance from Gosport town centre in Hampshire with plenty of non restricted, non metered parking, the property is close to all major transport links and ideal for short stop overs or longer stays if required.
- Double bedroom plus a single sofa bed within the lounge, if required
- High spec modern bathroom with all towels provided
- Separate ground floor toilet
- Open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area
- Newly fitted modern kitchen
- Fully equipped for self catering with all essential mod cons
- Wireless broadband, flat screen TV’s and bluetooth music speaker
- Non metered and non restricted parking available
- Tastefully and comfortably furnished
- Set within a gated complex
- Local amenities all within a short walking distance
- 5 minute walk into Gosport Town Centre
- A further 4 min ferry ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays
- Short breaks all year round with longer stays available
The main living area is open plan and cosy with a newly fitted kitchen equipped with integral washing machine, fridge, electric oven and hob and a breakfast bar with 2 stools for dining. The lounge area has a comfy sofa bed for an additional guest if required, with storage under and a wall mounted flat screen smart TV.
The entrance hall has stairs leading to the 1st floor and an understairs cloakroom with an ingenious space saving toilet with wash hand basin over (see photos).
At the top of the stairs the main high spec bathroom is well fitted with a close coupled toilet, wash hand basin with cupboard under and a space saving bath, plus a large soaker shower over.
The main bedroom is light and airy with a part vaulted ceiling allowing additional natural light from a Velux roof window and accommodates a double bed with storage under, chest of drawers, set of shelves and an open hanging space.
All linen and towels are provided and are changed weekly with a mid week maid service available on request. A child cots and highchair are also available at no extra cost, (if cots are provided, guests are asked to please bring their own child’s bedding).
Our prices advertised on our website are for up to 2 people, plus we can accommodate 1 more guest on the lounge sofa bed if required at an additional charge of £25 per week/part week per head, or we charge £25 per set of extra linen requested.
Prior to your stay we are happy to help arrange any activities you may wish to organise and answer any questions regarding the local area or things to possibly do. We can also help organise catering options at the property if required. Please see the following link – private dining
* Our star system is based on current English standards
• The gate to enter into the communal courtyard is 33″ wide.
• The communal courtyard is all level and then there is a 6″ step down to access the front of the property.
• There is then a 1.5″ step into the property.
• The front door is 28″ wide.
• The floor in the ground floor passage way is laminate.
Hall/Stairs/Landings & Passageways
• The stairs are carpeted and are all approximately 27″W by 8″H by 9″D.
• There are 12 steps in total.
• The hand rail is situated on the right.
• The first floor passageway is 28″ wide and is laminate flooring.
• The sitting room is situated on the ground floor and is laminate flooring.
• It is open plan kitchen/lounge.
• The door is 26″ wide.
• There is a 3 seater fabric upholstered sofa.
• The room is well lit by a window and a pendant light.
• The kitchen is situated on the ground floor and as previously mention is open plan.
• The door to access the kitchen is the same as the sitting room.
• The kitchen is laminate flooring.
• The oven door drops down and the maximum height of this is 25″ from the floor.
• The hob is 36″ from the floor.
• The microwave is 63″ from the floor.
• Work surfaces/food preparation areas are 36″ from the floor.
• The cupboards containing crockery and food stuffs are 59″ from the floor.
• The height of the highest shelf in the fridge is 16.5″ from the floor.
• The lowest drawer in the fridge is 8.5″ from the floor.
• The freezer is situated within the fridge and is 25.5″ from the floor.
• The sink tap is single lever mixer.
• There is a breakfast bar which is 36″ from the floor with bar stools.
• The kitchen is lit by pendant light and a large window.
• There is one bedroom within the property and is situated on the first floor.
• This has level access and has laminate flooring.
• The bed is a 6ft double and the mattress height is 17″ from the floor.
• Access around the bed at the most narrow point is 14″.
• Bedding materials are cotton sheets and polyester pillows and duvets.
• The bedroom is lit by pendant light and a large window.
• The colours of the walls are neutral and contrast well with the flooring.
• There is a mixture of storage with a chest of drawers as well as open hangers.
Bathrooms/Shower rooms and Toilets
• The main family bathroom is situated on the first floor and has level access.
• It has laminate flooring.
• The door is 26″ wide.
• There is a toilet (w.c is 16.5″).
• There is a wash basin with a height of 35″ from the floor with a single lever mixer tap.
• There is a bath with a height of 22″ from the floor and a double lever mixer tap and also has a shower over.
• This bathroom is lit by a spotlight and a large window.
• There is a toilet situated on the ground floor and has a 1″ step to gain access.
• The flooring is laminated.
• The door is 25″ wide.
• The toilet wc is 16.5″ from the floor.
• There is a wash basin with a height of 35″ from the floor and has a single lever mixer tap.
• This area is lit by a spotlight.
Location & Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What time is check in/check out ?
A - Check in times are between 2 - 6pm (unless agreed otherwise) with checkout by 10am on day of departure. If an early check in or late departure time is required then we will do what we can to help, however if this is vital for your plans we recommend guests book the extra night.
Q - Are towels and linen provided ?
A - Bedding, linen and bathroom towels are provided with linen and towels changed weekly. Additional bedding, linen and bathroom towels are available at the cost of £25 per set, if required.
Q - What is the mobile phone reception like at Whitsun Cottage?
A – Below left are the links to see the UK’s coverage for the major 6 mobile phone networks. These are intended for use as a guide only and are not always 100% accurate as forces outside of the control of the telephone providers may affect the signal within or around the property.
Below right is the results of a recent broadband/wifi speed test taken within the property. This gives a good indication of speeds available within the building but may vary depending on external factors at any given time.