The Gallery is a large Georgian Grade II listed property retaining many of its original features including large marble fireplaces within the living and dining rooms, stained glass windows to various rooms and private gardens front and rear, situated within the coastal town of Gosport, Hampshire. The house has a welcoming eclectic feel with a mixture of differing period furnishings, flowing floor to ceiling curtains, chandeliers and modern works of art scattered throughout the house giving The Gallery its name and distinct individual personality.
- 5 well proportioned bedrooms sleeping 18 (+2)
- King double or single beds to suit with all linen and towels provided
- 3 showers and 1 bath on the 1st floor with all towels provided
- Choice of 2 or 3 separate reception rooms
- 30′ long dual aspect living room with original marble fireplaces
- Separate dining room opposite kitchen seating up to 20
- Dining tables convert to a pool table and table tennis table to create a gamesroom
- Wireless Internet
- Large kitchen, fully equipped for self catering
- Separate utility room and ground floor showeroom
- Private chef and other catering options available
- Mature gardens with trampoline and off road parking for up to 10 vehicles
- Limited hot tub availability (at additional cost, please contact us for further details)
- Located within conservation area, 5 minute drive from beach
- 4 minute ferry ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays
- Ferry to Gunwharf Quays up until 2am weekdays and 4am weekends
- Short breaks available all year round and all groups welcome
- Pet friendly
The house features 5 well proportioned double bedrooms with kingsize double or single beds fully made up for your arrival with crisp white linen and fresh towels provided on beds for each guest plus an additional 2 people can be accommodated within a separate section of the large lounge on a sofa bed with cots and highchairs available for our little visitors.
The splendid 30 foot living room with it’s original fireplaces, eclectic furniture and beautifully large floor to ceiling windows is the main hub of the ground floor overlooking the front and rear gardens with a large flatscreen TV, an IPod docking station and Wi-Fi is also provided for your entertainment, plus the original Georgian internal wooden doors allow the added option to create two separate living rooms or a 6th bedroom if desired.
The separate dining room has seating for up to 20 with another original open marble fireplace overlooking the front garden with the 2 dining tables converting to create a pool table and separate table tennis table to keep young and old amused for hours.
Off the main entrance hallway opposite the dining room is the modern kitchen which is fitted with a large 5 ring oven and hob, a generously sized American style fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and all other essential mod cons, plus the separate utility room houses the washing machine and tumble dryer.
There are 3 bathroom/showerooms available, one showeroom on the ground floor and the main bathroom and another showeroom on the 1st floor half landing. All linen and towels are provided and are changed weekly with a mid week maid service available on request. If cots are requested we ask if guests can please bring their own child’s bedding please.
Outside there are mature gardens and lawn to the rear with trampoline and BBQ area, picnic tables and there is plenty of off road parking for up to 10 vehicles, boat and trailer. For family groups consisting of adults and children there is also the facility of hiring in a Hot Tub, if desired. (Please contact us for further details)
The house is very well appointed with grand proportioned naturally well lit spacious rooms making it ideal for extended families and special get togethers, large crews who need to spread out after being cooped up on board, corporate groups to make full use of the 3 reception rooms or Hen and well behaved Bachelor parties to enjoy the lively eclectic fun feel of the house and the wonderful Gunwharf Quays that is situated so close and handy.
Our prices advertised on our website are for up to 18 people but we can accommodate a few more people within the bedrooms on futon style bed cubes and 2 more people on a double bed settee within the large 2 sectioned lounge which can be divided off to create a smaller lounge and a 6th bedroom with the additional guests over 18 being charged at a rate of £25 per week/part week per head or we charge £25 per set of extra linen requested.
All linen and towels are provided and are changed weekly with a mid week maid service available on request. Child cots, highchairs and stairgates also available at no extra cost. (If cots are provided guests are asked to please bring their own childs bedding).
The Gallery is pet friendly and welcomes well behaved 4 legged friends at no extra cost, we just kindly ask that any ‘deposits’ they may leave are removed prior to your departure.
Prior to your stay we are happy to help arrange any activities you may wish to organise and answer any questions regarding the local area or things to possibly do. We can also help organise catering options at the property be it an ‘a la carte’ meal for a special occasion, a hearty breakfast to see you through the day, afternoon tea, or an informal barbecue in the garden. For menu choices etc please see the following link –private dining
All our properties are located within residential areas so we do have neighbours whom we need to consider. If you feel you could comfortably monitor noise levels (in particular out in the gardens and outside areas into the evenings) then we would love to have you stay and have had countless gatherings who have had a great time with us at our properties. If however you feel that it would not be possible to monitor noise levels, then we would have to recommend you consider something more rural, without neighbours.
* Our star system is based on current English standards
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to the suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services on offer for all guests/visitors.
The Gallery is a self catering, 5 bedroom Georgian Grade 2 listed house in the southern coastal town of Gosport, within a 5 minute drive of the town center and beach. It sleeps up to 18 + 2 guests and is suitable for get togethers, family holidays, business or crew accommodation. The property is situated set back from the road via a tarmacked driveway, the surrounding area being fairly flat. The house is well appointed with good access to local shops, the town centre, attractions and local bus routes. It provides a comprehensive welcome folder for guests outlining important and useful information with contact numbers available for the owners.
- For full details and maps of how to reach the property see the directions and maps section of www.completeholidayhomes.co.uk. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp; simply enter your postcode and the houses, which is PO12 3UD to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Portsmouth harbour which is a couple of miles away on the Portsmouth side of Gosport / Portsmouth ferry which is a short 5 minute boat journey over the water. Taxis are available this side of the harbour. If you require an wheelchair accessible taxi this can be booked locally from Sky Cars on 02392 522522.
- The property is set over two levels and has a number of steps up into the property which is not ideal for those chair dependent.
- There are local shops that provide equipment hire should you need it and if you do have any requirements let us know and we will be pleased to help. We would happily recommend ‘Solent Mobility Center’ 023 9200 9999, http://solentmobility.co.uk/.
- A welcome hamper is provided upon your arrival which gives some of the basics and local shops are within a 5 minute walk.
- The Welcome Folder for The Gallery and this Access Statement are available in larger print on request.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- You will be met at the property, shown around and offered useful local knowledge to assist you in your stay.
- Parking is available right outside the front door for 4 cars and there is additional parking to the rear for up to 6 additional cars. Visibility to the front is provided by external lighting giving a good level of coverage.
Entrance to the property
- There are 5 steps up to the front door from the tarmacked drive that are 39″ wide by 7″ high by 12″ deep.
- The external front door is 32″ wide with a step up into the internal lobby area.
- The lobby has flagstone flooring and is lit up with a small window and a ceiling mounted light.
- There is then 1 step up to the internal front door to enter the property that is 6.5″ high.
- This door is 33″ wide.
Halls, Stairs, Landings and passageways
- The first passageway on the ground floor on entrance to the property is 55″ wide and is carpeted.
- The second passageway on the ground floor heading towards the rear of the property is also a carpeted area and is 32.5″ wide.
- Both areas are lit up by covered ceiling globe lights.
- The first flight of stairs to a half landing is carpeted, these are 29″ wide and 7″ high and is lit up with covered ceiling globe lights and there is a hand rail to the left
- There are 13 steps in total to take you to the half landing that gives you access to a bathroom and a separate shower room.
- There is then a second set of 5 steps to take you to the first floor level and again the hand rail is again on the left.
- The stairs in the utility room leading down to the back door on the ground floor are, 11″ in height and 39″ wide.
- The lounge is situated on the ground floor with level access.
- This is an open plan double aspect lounge with dividing doors in between which can remain open however these can be closed if desired to possibly create a 6th bedroom on the ground floor if you wish to utilize the sofa bed.
- There are two doors from the hallway to give access to both lounge rooms, one is 30″ and the other is 31″.
- These lounge is carpeted and in the front lounge there is an average sized coffee table.
- The room has a good mixture of seating. In the front lounge area, there are two armchairs and two 2/3 seater sofas all with cushions. In the second lounge area there is one armchair, one 2/3 seater sofa and one 2/3 seater sofa bed. Both of these areas are well lit with large windows and 2 ceiling pendant lights in each room.
- The furniture is heavy, however it is all movable and there is plenty of accessibility around the room with the furniture situated where it is.
- The dining room is situated on the ground floor opposite the kitchen with level access and this area is carpeted.
- The door is 30″ wide.
- There are two dining tables, both of which comfortably seat 8 guests each and possibly 10 each with additional chairs from other rooms.
- The tables are 43″ wide by 79″ long and 32″ high.
- Both of the tables can also have the covers removed to reveal a pool table and a table tennis table.
- There is restricted access around the room when all the chairs are in position to dine.
- This room is lit up by a large window looking out onto the grass area of the front garden, as well as two pendant chandeliers.
- This is situated on the ground floor opposite the dining room with level access and has vinyl flooring.
- There is a small lobby leading to the kitchen with the first door being 25″ wide and the second door is 29″ wide.
- The doors to the oven drop down and the maximum height of these is 28.5″.
- The hob is 36″ from the floor and the microwave is 36″ from the floor.
- Work surfaces/ food preparation areas are 36″ from the floor.
- The handles to the cupboards that containing crockery and foodstuffs are 58″ from the floor.
- The height of the highest shelf in the fridge is 53″ and the lowest drawer of the fridge is 14″ from the floor.
- The height of the highest shelf in the freezer is 29″ from the floor and the lowest shelf of the freezer is 11″ from the floor.
- The sink is a double bowl with drainer and the tap is a twin handle type.
- This area is lit up by one large window that looks out onto the back garden, another 2 medium sized windows with views of the front drive and 2 covered ceiling globe lights.
Bedrooms and sleeping areas
- There are 5 bedrooms in this property all located on the 1st floor.
- All doors are 29″ wide with level access to carpeted areas.
- The double beds are zip link 5ft king size that can be split to create singles if requested, plus 2 additional single beds and 3 pairs of of bunk beds with mattresses that are 26″ from the floor.
- Bedding materials are cotton sheets and polyester pillows and duvets.
- Access around the sides of the beds is generally good but some beds are placed against walls restricting access from one side only
- All rooms are lit by windows with ceiling mounted pendant lights as well as bedside lamps.
- There is a good selection of storage options within each room with wardrobes and chest of drawers.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and toilets
- There is one bathroom and one shower room off the first floor half landing and one shower room to the ground floor and the floors are covered with vinyl flooring.
- This 1st floor shower room has a small step up into the room and comprises a toilet (w.c height is 16.5″ from floor), wash basin and a shower cubicle (10″ high).
- The basin tap is a single lever mixer tap and this area is lit up by two small stained glass windows as well as covered ceiling globe lights.
- The bathroom is located next to this shower room with a small step up into the room and a door with 28″ width. This area comprises a toilet (w.c height is 16.5″ from floor), wash basin and a bath with a height of 20.5″ and a built in shower. The basin tap is a single lever mixer tap.
- This bathroom is lit up by two small stained glass windows as well as covered ceiling globe lights and there is a twin handle tap on the bath.
- The other shower room is located on the ground floor and is situated off the utility room which requires you to step down one small step.
- Once in the utility room, there is level access to the shower room with a door of 25″ width.
- This shower room has a toilet (w.c height is 16.5″ from the floor), wash basin and a shower cubicle with a 3″ step into. The basin taps are two turn handle taps and this area is lit by 3 small windows and a covered ceiling globe light.
- There is a front garden with a grass area surrounded by hedging to the side of the driveway.
- There is a back garden which is accessible from the back door in the utility room. There are 6 steps down into the rear garden and the door to exit is 29″.
- To the right is a large patio area with two benches for seating.
- Along the left hand side is a row of shrubbery and bushes as well as a concrete pathway.
- To the right of the pathway is a large grass area.
- Situated at the end of the pathway there is a trampoline.
- At the very end of the garden, there is a fair sized concrete area with a bbq shed and there is a bench for guests to enjoy.
Location & Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What time is check in/out?
A - Check in times are between 2 - 6pm (unless agreed otherwise) with checkout by 10am on day of departure. If an early check in or late departure time is required then we will do what we can to help, however if this is vital for your plans we recommend guests book the extra night.
Q - Are towels and linen provided?
A - Bedding, linen and bathroom towels are provided with linen and towels changed weekly. Additional bedding, linen and bathroom towels are available at the cost of £25 per set, if required.
Q - What is the broadband speed and mobile phone reception like at The Gallery?
A – Below left are the links to see the UK’s coverage for the major 6 mobile phone networks. These are intended for use as a guide only and are not always 100% accurate as forces outside of the control of the telephone providers may affect the signal within or around the property.
Below right is the results of a recent broadband/wifi speed test taken within the property. This gives a good indication of speeds available within the building but may vary depending on external factors at any given time.