Harbour View 4 is a second floor 4 bedroom apartment sat right on the edge of the pedestrianised Gosport town centre in Hampshire with great transport links to Portsmouth and beyond being opposite the ferry and ferry bus station. The ferry takes only a short 4 minute ride to Portsmouth where you’ll find the harbour train station alongside the fantastic and vibrant Gunwharf Quays. The apartment has been recently converted, upgraded and furnished to a very good 3 * star standard with views over towards The Spinnaker Tower and all the goings on and movements within the harbour entrance.
- 4 bedrooms sleeping up to a maximum of 8
- King double or single beds to suit with all linen provided
- 2 clean modern shower rooms with all towels provided
- Newly fitted kitchen, fully equipped for self catering
- Wireless broadband
- Partial harbour views from all 4 bedrooms
- Centrally Located
- 1 minute from the foreshore with good transport links
- 4 minute ferry ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays
- Ferry operates until 2am weekdays and 4am weekends
- Self catering with private chef available
- Short breaks available all year round
The apartment has recently been refurbished and refurnished to a very good 3* standard with new carpets/flooring throughout and newly fitted kitchen/shower rooms providing a clean modern functional living space. The centre hallway runs the length of the apartment with 4 bedrooms to the front with partial views over the harbour entrance with the kitchen, lounge and 2 shower rooms to the rear.
3 of the bedrooms have large 5ft kingsize double beds which convert to create 2 singles with the 4th accommodating a pair of adult sized bunk beds, all with windows looking towards the harbour and can sleep up to 8 people over the 4 bedrooms. The bedding is superior quality cotton linen with additional blankets/throws available if required.
The kitchen is fitted with all essential mod cons with clean modern sleek units, warm under foot vinyl flooring, ceramic splashback tiled walls, a free standing fridge/freezer and dishwasher, washing machine, integrated stainless steel oven/hob/extractor hood, microwave, cafetiere etc, plus dining seating for up to 6.
The apartment boasts 2 shower rooms with ceramic tiled floors and walls, 2 large corner showers, toilets and wash hand basins with shaving mirrors and tall wall mounted towel rails. Fresh towels are provided for each guest and are laid out on beds prior to your arrival.
The lounge is alongside the shower rooms and accommodates a large corner sofa, bean bags for additional informal seating and a flat screen TV/DVD and will comfortably seat 6.
The apartment is fully equipped and simply thought out but it should be pointed out that if the property is booked for the full maximum of 8 guests then it would not be possible to seat all 8 within the kitchen or within the lounge at one time.
Situated over shops on the edge of the pedestrianised town centre opposite a short stay carpark all amenities are close at hand and if you have any questions regarding the apartment please do not hesitate in contacting us.
All linen and towels are provided and are changed weekly with a mid week maid service available on request. Child cots, highchairs and stairgates also available at no extra cost. (If cots are provided guests are asked to please bring their own childs bedding).
Prior to your stay we are happy to help arrange any activities you may wish to organise and answer any questions regarding the local area or things to possibly do. We can also help organise catering options at the property be it an ‘a la carte’ meal for a special occasion, a hearty breakfast to see you through the day or afternoon tea. For menu choices etc please see the following link – private dining
* Our star system is based on current English standards
• For full details and maps of how to reach the property see the directions and maps section of www.completeholidayhomes.co.uk. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp; simply enter your postcode and the apartments, which is PO12 1ES to get directions.
• The nearest railway station is Portsmouth Harbour which is a couple of minutes’ walk away on the Portsmouth side of Gosport / Portsmouth ferry which is a short 5 minute boat journey over the water. Taxis are available this side of the Harbour. If you require a wheelchair accessible taxi this can be booked locally from Sky Cars on 02392 522522.
• The property is set over one level on the second floor, without a lift facility, so the property would not be suitable for those chair dependent or with limited mobility.
• There are local shops that provide equipment hire should you need it and if you do have any requirements let us know and we will be happy to help.
• Local shops are within a 1 minute walk.
• The Welcome Folder for Harbour View 4 and this Access Statement are available in larger print on request.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
• You will be met at the property, shown around and offered useful local knowledge to assist you in your stay.
• Allocated parking is not available however there is limited on road parking close by, a short stay car park approx 1 minute away and a long stay car park just under 5 minutes for a rate of £4 a day. Visibility to the front of the property is provided by streetlights giving a good level of coverage.
Entrance to Property
• The main front door to the apartment block is on the ground floor and is approx. 80cm wide.
• The front door to the apartment is approx. 79cm wide.
• The floor to the entrance is short pile carpet tiles with a black corded matt at the door.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
• There are 37 steps up to the second floor. The stairway is approx. 93cm wide with a metal handrail to the right.
• The entrance stairwell and landings are laid with short pile carpet tiles and is well lit with ceiling lights that are controlled by a timed push switch.
• The hallway in the apartment is approx. 128cm narrowing to approx. 97cm wide.
• The apartment hallway has short pile carpet as a floor covering.
• On your immediate right, there is a cloakroom cupboard along with the electrical fuse box for the property.
• At the end of the hallway is the cleaners store cupboard.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
• There are 4 bedrooms within the property, all with fairly level access with slightly raised thresholds.
• The doorways are approx. 68cm wide.
• All bedrooms have a short pile carpet as a floor covering.
• Bedrooms one, two and four have 1 double/king bed that can all be split into singles and the third bedroom has a bunk bed comprising of 2 single beds.
• Access around the sides of the beds is narrow and not suitable for those with wheelchair needs.
• Bedding materials are cotton sheets and polyester pillows and duvets, additional pillows are available on request.
• All bedrooms have a large window, bedside lamps and ceiling pendant lights that provide artificial light when needed.
• The colours of the walls and floor covering are relatively neutral however the contrast between these is generally good.
• There is a good selection of storage options within each room with wardrobes. Rail heights in the wardrobes are not adjustable and the furniture is not movable.
• Entrance to the kitchen is fairly level access with a slightly raised threshold.
• The door opening is approx. 71cm wide.
• The height of the oven is approx. 73cm and the height of the hob is approx. 95cm.
• The microwave is approx. 117cm from the floor level, and can be moved forward.
• Work surfaces / food preparation areas are approx. 93cm from the floor.
• The wall cupboards are approx. 152cm from the floor and set above the work surfaces.
• Access around the room is fairly narrow, with the narrowest point in the kitchen approx. 48cm.
• The room has a main wooden table with seating for up to 4 in upright chairs. Table height is approx. 117cm with a leg space of approx. 72cm. This is all movable if necessary; however again there is good access to the room and a good space within for manoeuvrability.
• The room also has a breakfast bar with a height of approx. 92cm, along with two bar stools with a seat height of approx. 59cm.
• There is a single fridge with built in freezer shelf, along with a 2 door fridge/freezer. The height of the highest shelf in the single fridge is approx. 42cm and the lowest drawer in the fridge is approx. 8cm. The fridge/freezer has a highest shelf height in the fridge of approx. 129cm, with the lowest shelf in the fridge approx. 95cm. The freezer has a highest shelf height of approx. 53cm, whilst the lowest shelf height is approx. 11cm.
• The room also houses a washing machine and dishwasher.
• The sink tap is a single lever mixer type.
• Lighting is good from a large window providing natural light and a ceiling light that provide artificial light when needed.
• The floor covering is laminate.
• Entrance to the lounge is fairly level access, with a slightly raised threshold.
• The floor covering is short pile carpet.
• The door opening is approx. 71cm wide.
• The room has an L-shaped sofa which seats 5 people comfortably, along with 3 pouffes for additional seating. The narrowest point in this room is approx. 28cm and not suitable for those with wheelchair or aided needs.
• The room is well lit with a large window providing natural light, additional light sources are ceiling lights along with 2 table lamps that provide artificial light when needed.
Shower-rooms and Toilets
• There are 2 shower-rooms situated in the apartment, with fairly level access entrance with a slightly raised threshold and a door width of approx. 70cm.
• Both shower-rooms are appointed with a shower cubicle, toilet and wash basin. The shower has a step up of approx. 26cm into the cubicle, the basin is fitted with a single mixer tap with a height of approx. 84cm, and the w/c heights are approx. 40cm.
• Lighting is good in both bathrooms from 1 ceiling spot light and 1 ceiling light.
• The floor covering is ceramic tiling.
Location & Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What time is check in/out?
A - Check in times are between 2 - 6pm (unless agreed otherwise) with checkout by 10am on day of departure. If an early check in or late departure time is required then we will do what we can to help, however if this is vital for your plans we recommend guests book the extra night.
Q - Are towels and linen provided?
A - Bedding, linen and bathroom towels are provided with linen and towels changed weekly. Additional bedding, linen and bathroom towels are available at the cost of £25 per set, if required.
Q - What is the broadband speed and mobile phone reception like at Harbour View 4?
A – Below left are the links to see the UK’s coverage for the major 6 mobile phone networks. These are intended for use as a guide only and are not always 100% accurate as forces outside of the control of the telephone providers may affect the signal within or around the property.
Below right is the results of a recent broadband/wifi speed test taken within the property. This gives a good indication of speeds available within the building but may vary depending on external factors at any given time.