Harbour View 2 is a second floor two bedroom apartment sat right on the edge of the pedestrianised Gosport town centre in Hampshire with great transport links to Portsmouth and beyond being opposite the ferry and ferry bus station. The ferry takes only a short 4 minute ride to Portsmouth where you’ll find the harbour train station alongside the fantastic and vibrant Gunwharf Quays. The apartment has been recently converted, upgraded and furnished to a very good 4 * star standard with views over towards The Spinnaker Tower and all the goings on and movements within the harbour entrance.
- 2 double bedrooms sleeping 4 (+ 2)
- King double or single beds to suit with all linen provided
- Sofa bed for additional guests, if required
- High spec shower room with all towels provided
- Spacious open plan lounge/dining area
- Showroom quality kitchen with granite worktops, fully equipped for self catering
- Wireless broadband
- Tastefully and comfortably furnished
- Harbour views from living and bedroom
- 1 minute from the foreshore with great harbour views
- 4 minute ferry ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays
- Ferry operates until 2am weekdays and 4am weekends
- Self Catering with private chef available
- Short breaks available all year round
The apartment layout is well appointed with 2 well sized double bedrooms, a high spec modern shower room off the main entrance hallway and an open plan kitchen/lounge/diner to allow a feeling of space and contemporary living.
The laminated lounge/dining area is the main hub of the apartment and is well furnished with soft furnishings to the lounge and the dining area occupying an extending table and 6 chairs, plus offers dual windows affording great views over the goings on within the harbour, The Spinnaker Tower, the harbour entrance and out into The Solents waters beyond. The large corner sofa can convert to create a sofa bed for additional guests, if required
To the rear of the lounge is the open plan showroom quality modern kitchen with granite worktops, ceramic tiling to floor and walls, integrated stainless steel oven/hob/extractor hood, a separate fridge freezer, microwave, toaster, cafetiere and all other essential mod cons.
The 2 double bedrooms are finished with softer carpeted floors, within the front bedroom is a large kingsize double bed which converts to create 2 singles with window overlooking the harbour, plus a mirror fronted wardrobe and bedside table with lamp. The rear double bedroom has another 5ft kingsize double bed than converts to create 2 singles, a bedside table and lamp and a large double wardrobe. The bedding is superior quality crisp white cotton linen.
The main shower room has tiled floor and walls, a large corner shower, toilet, wash hand basin with cabinet over and a tall chrome towel rail. Fresh white towels are provided for each guest and are laid out on beds prior to your arrival.
Situated over shops on the edge of the pedestrianised town centre, opposite a short stay car park, all amenities are close at hand and if you have any questions regarding the apartment please do not hesitate in contacting us.
All linen and towels are provided and are changed weekly with a mid week maid service available on request. Child cots and highchairs are also available at no extra cost. (If cots are provided, guests are asked to please bring their own child’s bedding).
Our prices advertised on our website are for up to 4 people over 2 bedrooms in large 5ft king size double beds that can split to create singles, plus we can accommodate 2 more people within the lounge on a double sofa bed at an additional charge of £50 per week/part week per head or we charge £25 per set of extra linen requested.
Prior to your stay we are happy to help arrange any activities you may wish to organise and answer any questions regarding the local area or things to possibly do. We can also help organise catering options at the property be it an ‘a la carte’ meal for a special occasion, a hearty breakfast to see you through the day or afternoon tea. For menu choices etc please see the following link – private dining
* Our star system is based on current English standards
• For full details and maps of how to reach the property see the directions and maps section of www.completeholidayhomes.co.uk.
Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp; simply enter your postcode and the apartments, which is PO12 1ES to get directions.
• The nearest railway station is Portsmouth Harbour which is a couple of minutes’ walk away on the Portsmouth side of Gosport / Portsmouth ferry which is a short 5 minute boat journey over the water. Taxis are available this side of the Harbour. If you require a wheelchair accessible taxi this can be booked locally from Sky Cars on 02392 522522.
• The property is set over one level on the second floor, without a lift facility, so the property would not be suitable for those chair dependent.
• There are local shops that provide equipment hire should you need it and if you do have any requirements let us know and we will be pleased to help. We would happily recommend ‘Solent Mobility Center’ 023 9200 9999, http://solentmobility.co.uk/.
• Local shops are within a 1 minute walk.
• The Welcome Folder for Harbour View 2 and this Access Statement are available in larger print on request.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
• You will be met at the property, shown around and offered useful local knowledge to assist you in your stay.
• Allocated parking is not available however there is limited on road parking close by, a short stay car park approx 1 minute away and a long stay car park just under 5 minutes for a rate of £4 a day. Visibility to the front of the property is provided by streetlights giving a good level of coverage.
Entrance to Property
• The main front door on ground floor is 800mm wide.
• There are then 2 fire doors, 770mm wide.
• The front door to the apartment is 780mm wide.
• There are 37 steps up to the second floor. The stairway is approximately 920mm wide with one handrail.
• The entrance stair well is well lit by ceiling lights.
• The floor to the entrance is a thick pile carpet.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
• The hallway to the apartment is 1,200mm narrowing to 1,100mm wide.
• The floor is laid with laminate flooring and well lit with ceiling spot lights.
• Entrance to the lounge is level access.
• The floor covering is laminate.
• The door opening is 700mm wide.
• The room has a good mixture of seating with 1 sofa, 1 chair and 1 pouffe, all the furniture is movable but there is good access around the whole of this room.
• The room is well lit with large windows to the front aspect providing a great deal of natural light, additional light sources are ceiling lights when needed.
• The room has a main wooden table with seating for up to 4 in upright chairs. Table height is 750mm with leg space of 600mm. This is all movable if necessary; however again there is good access to the room and a good space within for manoeuvrability.
• Entrance to the kitchen is level access.
• The door opening is 700mm wide.
• The height of the oven is 700mm and the height of the hob is 950mm.
• The microwave is 1,600mm from the floor level.
• Work surfaces / food preparation areas are 900mm from the floor.
• The wall cupboards are 1,460mm from the floor and set above the work surfaces.
• The height of the highest shelf to the fridge is 1,320mm and the lowest drawer in the freezer is 310mm.
• The sink tap is a single lever mixer type.
• Lighting is good from ceiling lights.
• The floor covering is tiled.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
• There are 2 bedrooms within the property, both with level access.
• The doorways are 700mm wide.
• Both bedrooms have a short pile carpet as a floor covering.
• Both bedrooms have 1 double bed which can split to create 2 single beds. The mattress heights are 640mm.
• Access around the sides of the beds is narrow and not suitable for those with wheelchair needs.
• Bedding materials are cotton sheets and polyester pillows and duvets, additional feather pillows are available.
• All bedrooms have ceiling lights.
• The colours of the walls and floor covering are relatively neutral however the contrast between these is generally good.
• There is a good selection of storage options within each room with wardrobes, rail heights in the wardrobes are not adjustable and the furniture is not movable.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
• There is 1 bathroom situated in the apartment, with level access entrance and 700mm door width.
• The bathroom is appointed with a shower cubicle, toilet and wash basin, the shower has a step up of 230mm into the cubicle, the basin is fitted with a single mixer tap and the w.c height is around 450mm.
• The bathroom houses the washing machine/tumble dryer.
• Lighting is good from ceiling spot lights.
• The floor covering is tiled.
Location & Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What time is check in/out?
A - Check in times are between 2 - 6pm (unless agreed otherwise) with checkout by 10am on day of departure. If an early check in or late departure time is required then we will do what we can to help, however if this is vital for your plans we recommend guests book the extra night.
Q - Are towels and linen provided?
A - Bedding, linen and bathroom towels are provided with linen and towels changed weekly. Additional bedding, linen and bathroom towels are available at the cost of £25 per set, if required.
Q - What is the broadband speed and mobile phone reception like at Harbour View 2?
A – Below left are the links to see the UK’s coverage for the major 6 mobile phone networks. These are intended for use as a guide only and are not always 100% accurate as forces outside of the control of the telephone providers may affect the signal within or around the property.
Below right is the results of a recent broadband/wifi speed test taken within the property. This gives a good indication of speeds available within the building but may vary depending on external factors at any given time.