Grove House is a modern 4 bedroom detached house with off road parking for 2 cars, sleeping up to 8 within beds and possibly 1 or 2 additional guests if required. The property is situated within the coastal town of Gosport, Hampshire, a seaside peninsular with over 24 miles of waterfront access and is a 5 minute drive from Stokes Bay beach and Gosport Town centre where the ferry to Portsmouth and the wonderful Gunwharf Quays is only another short 4 minute ferry ride away over the harbour entrance.
- Three double 1st floor bedrooms with 5ft king size beds
- The king size beds can split to create singles, if required
- One ground floor bedroom with pair of adult sized bunk beds
- Main 1st floor bathroom and separate en-suite shower room
- Additional ground floor toilet
- All linen and towels provided
- Dining for up to 12 guests
- Comfortable lounge seating for 8
- Modern fitted kitchen complete with all essential mod cons
- Fully equipped for self catering
- Wireless Broadband, Bluetooth Music Speaker
- Tastefully and comfortably furnished
- Private gardens front and rear
- Pet friendly
- Limited hot tub availability (at additional cost, please contact us for further details)
- 4 minute ferry ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays
- Ferry to Gunwharf Quays up until 2am weekdays and 4am weekends
- Self catering with private chef and other catering options available
- Short breaks available all year round and all groups welcome
The three 1st floor bedrooms have superior quality 5ft kingsize double beds which can separate to create 2 singles and are made up with crisp white cotton linen. There is also a fourth ground floor bedroom with a pair of adult sized bunk beds allowing the property to sleep up to 8 guests within beds plus the possible option of an additional person sleeping on the large corner sofa within the lounge, plus a futon bed cube. Children’s cots are also available on request.
The main 1st floor bathroom is fitted with a generous sized corner bath with shower over, toilet and wash hand basin and all towels are provided. There is a en-suite shower room off the main bedroom plus a ground toilet and wash hand basin under the stairs.
The kitchen is fully equipped for self catering with all essential mod cons and leads into a large lounge diner with two six seater tables and 12 chairs with one of the dining tables being able to convert into a pool/snooker and table tennis table, so when not being used for dining can keep young and old amused. The lounge area has a large comfy corner sofa and additional seating plus a centre fireplace, flat screen TV and DVD player.
The front driveway has off road parking for 2 cars and the rear garden has a patio area accessed via French doors from the lounge with the possibility of hiring in a Hot Tub, if desired (Conditions apply-please contact us for further details).
Our prices advertised on our website are for up to 8 people but we can accommodate another person on the large corner sofa plus a futon bed cube if required with the additional guests over 8 being charged at a rate of £25 per week/part week per head, or we charge £25 per set of extra linen requested.
All linen and towels are provided and are changed weekly with a mid week maid service available on request. Child cots, highchairs and stairgates also available at no extra cost. (If cots are provided guests are asked to please bring their own childs bedding).
Grove House is pet friendly and welcomes well behaved 4 legged friends at no extra cost, we just kindly ask that any ‘deposits’ they may leave are removed prior to your departure.
Prior to your stay we are happy to help arrange any activities you may wish to organise and answer any questions regarding the local area or things to possibly do. We can also help organise catering options at the property be it an ‘a la carte’ meal for a special occasion, a hearty breakfast to see you through the day, afternoon tea, or an informal barbecue in the garden. For menu choices etc please see the following link –private dining
* Our star system is based on current English standards
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to the suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services on offer for all guests/visitors.
Grove House is a self catering, modern 4 bedroom detached house in the southern coastal town of Gosport. It sleeps up to 8 guests and is suitable for get togethers, family holidays, business or crew accommodation. The house is well appointed with good access to local shops, the town centre, attractions and local bus routes. It provides a comprehensive welcome folder for guests outlining important and useful information with contact numbers available for the owners.
- For full details and maps of how to reach the property see the directions and maps section of www.completeholidayhomes.co.uk. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp; simply enter your postcode and the houses, which is PO12 4JL to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Portsmouth harbour which is a couple of miles away on the Portsmouth side of Gosport / Portsmouth ferry which is a short 5 minute boat journey over the water. Taxis are available this side of the harbour. If you require an wheelchair accessible taxi this can be booked locally from Sky Cars on 02392 522522.
- The property is set over two levels and would not be ideal for those chair dependent.
- There are local shops that provide equipment hire should you need it and if you do have any requirements let us know and we will be pleased to help. We would happily recommend ‘Solent Mobility Center’ 023 9200 9999, http://solentmobility.co.uk/.
- A welcome hamper is provided upon your arrival which gives some of the basics and local shops are within a 5 minute walk.
- The Welcome Folder and this Access Statement are available in larger print on request.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- You will be met at the property, shown around and offered useful local knowledge to assist you in your stay.
- Parking is available right outside the front door for 2 medium to large cars and there is additional roadside parking subject to availability. The front curb is dipped and visibility to the front is provided by streetlights giving a good level of coverage.
Entrance to Property
- Upon arrival there is a level brick paved drive to comfortably fit two medium-large cars with a 28” wide front external porch with a step up of 6”.
- You will then be in the porch that is laminate flooring and it is 75″ wide by 43″ length.
- The porch is lit up by a sensor operated globe light with a switch for you to manually operated which is located on the left.
- There is then a second internal lobby door measuring 30” wide and the step up is 5.5″ high.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The hallway is 34″ wide and carpeted.
- In total, there are 13 stair steps all measuring 30″ wide by 10″ depth by 8″ high.
- When on the stairs, there is one hand rail on either side.
- The stairs are lit by ceiling mounted pendent lights.
- The sitting room/lounge is located on the ground floor and is open plan incorporating the dining area
- This area is carpeted and is accessible internally from 2 doors.
- The first door (from the hallway) is 29″ wide.
- The second door (from the kitchen) is 59″ wide.
- There is level access from both entrances.
- The room is furnished with a 5 seater corner sofa and one armchair, the sofa is reasonably heavy and therefore not easily movable however the armchair can be moved, although all furniture is located in such a way to allow for plenty of accessibility around the room.
- The room is well lit by a 5 spotlight strip light as well a pair of French doors leading out into the garden.
- The dining area is open plan
- This area is carpeted.
- The doorway into the dining room is the same as the sitting room/lounge with access via the hall or through the kitchen (29″ wide and 59″ wide).
- This area has a main table that can seat up to 6 guests. The chairs are wooden.
- The table measures 39.5″ wide by 79.5″ length by 31″ high.
- This area is lit by a 5 spotlight strip light as well as a pair of French doors leading out into the garden.
- The kitchen is situated on the ground floor and has level access and this area has laminate flooring.
- The door from the hallway is 28″ wide or from the dining area 59”.
- The kitchen also has a table that seats up to 6 guests with leather and wooden chairs.
- The table measures 31.5″ wide by 55.5″ length by 29″ high.
- This area is lit by 4 spotlights and a large window.
- The oven doors drop down and the maximum height of these is 60″ from the floor.
- The hob is 36″ from the floor.
- The microwave is 36″ from the floor.
- Work surfaces/food preparation areas are 36″ from the floor.
- The cupboards containing crockery and foodstuffs are 42″ to the handle height and are located under the worktops.
- The height of the highest shelf in the fridge is 70″ from the floor and the height of the lowest drawer in the fridge is 53.5″ from the floor.
- The height of the highest drawer in the freezer is 37″ from the floor and the height of the lowest drawer is 21″ from the floor.
- The sink tap is a double lever mixer tap and there is a bowl and a half sink with drainer.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- There are 4 bedrooms within the property, one is situated on the ground floor and there are three on the first floor.
- All doors are 29″ wide and all have level access and carpet flooring.
- The beds in all first floor bedrooms are zip link 5ft King size and the configuration can be changed to single to accommodate guest’s needs. The mattress heights are 26″ from the floor.
- The ground floor bedroom contains bunk beds.
- Access around the narrowest part of the beds are: Bedroom 1-16″, Bedroom 2-33″, Bedroom 3-20″, Bedroom 4-33″.
- All bedrooms have ceiling mounted pendent lights and windows for natural light.
- There are a good selection of storage for guests consisting of drawers, wardrobes and over bed cabinets.
Bathrooms, Shower rooms and Toilets
- There is a ground floor cloakroom (just toilet and wash basin), one main family bathroom on the first floor and an en suite shower room to bedroom 2.
- All bathrooms have level access and the toilets are approximately 16.5″ from the floor.
- The ground floor toilet door is 25″ wide, the basin is 37″ from the floor with two separate taps.
- The main family bathroom has a doorway of 25″ wide. There is a large corner bath with a shower over and a twin lever mixer tap, the step into the bath is 23″.
- The basin in the main family bathroom is 32″ high with separate taps.
- The main family bathroom is lit by a small window and a ceiling mounted light.
- The en suite has a doorway of 25.5″ wide, the basin is 32″ from the floor with two separate taps and the shower cubicle has a step up of 5.5″.
- The garden enjoys both a paved patio as well as a grassed area with a picnic bench.
- The patio is accessible from the two sets of French doors (in the lounge and the dining room), the garden can also be accessed via a side gate.
Location & Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What time is check in/out?
A - Check in times are between 2 - 6pm (unless agreed otherwise) with checkout by 10am on day of departure. If an early check in or late departure time is required then we will do what we can to help, however if this is vital for your plans we recommend guests book the extra night.
Q - Are towels and linen provided?
A - Bedding, linen and bathroom towels are provided with linen and towels changed weekly. Additional bedding, linen and bathroom towels are available at the cost of £25 per set, if required.
Q - What is the broadband speed and mobile phone reception like at Grove House?
A – Below left are the links to see the UK’s coverage for the major 6 mobile phone networks. These are intended for use as a guide only and are not always 100% accurate as forces outside of the control of the telephone providers may affect the signal within or around the property.
Below right is the results of a recent broadband/wifi speed test taken within the property. This gives a good indication of speeds available within the building but may vary depending on external factors at any given time.