The Georgian Apartment is a large Georgian 2 storey period apartment in the southern coastal town of Gosport, England, a seaside peninsular with 0ver 24 miles of waterfront access. The apartment is only a short walk to the Gosport-Portsmouth ferry which is only a 4 minute ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays, a fabulous mixture of new and old buildings forming a wonderful cosmopolitan quayside complex with over 90 designer retail outlets, plus 30 odd cafés, restaurants and bars, all sat on the harbour entrance. The apartment is large and spacious, with period Georgian features and modern kitchen and bathrooms and is only a few minutes walk to the nearby marinas, local park and open spaces.
- 2 double bedrooms sleeping 4 (+2)
- King double or single beds to suit with all linen provided
- Bathroom with roll top bath and separate shower room with all towels provided
- Large spacious lounge with a double bed settee for 1-2 additional guests, if required
- Modern fitted kitchen, fully equipped for self catering
- Radio/CD/I-Pod docking station plus WiFi
- Situated close to harbour entrance
- Shops, pubs, post office etc right on your doorstep
- 5 min drive to Stokes Bay beach overlooking The Isle of Wight
- 4 minute ferry ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays
- Ferry to Gunwharf Quays until 2am weekdays and 4am weekends
- Pet friendly with park and open spaces within 2 minute walk
- 2 allocated parking spaces
- Short breaks available all year round
The apartment has been refurbished over the years to a good 4* star standard with a modern kitchen, bathroom and separate shower room and is only a few minutes walk to the harbour entrance and a short ferry ride to Portsmouth with great transport links directly to London, The Isle of Wight, France and beyond.
There are 2 very beautifully sized bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a generous sized lounge, a spacious kitchen and a separate laundry room. The apartment also benefits from 2 allocated parking spaces which is a rarity to find in the centre of town.
The large 1st floor mainly south facing lounge has 4 picture windows overlooking a small paved square in front of the town hall/library with 2 large leather settees and one can convert into a double bed for additional guests if required.
The kitchen is well fitted with modern oak style units, practical laminate tiled flooring, modern worktops, a large stainless steel range style cooker, dishwasher, microwave, cafetiere and all other essential mod cons etc.
Off the hallway is a modern shower room with corner shower, toilet and wash hand basin and a splendid wide Georgian staircase leads to the second floor with a generous sized landing with seating to enjoy a good read away from anyone wishing to watch the TV downstairs within the lounge.
The 2nd floor master bedroom is another large south facing room with 4 large picture windows accommodating a large 5ft kingsize double bed which can split to create 2 singles, a large solid wood wardrobe and chest of drawers.
The second bedroom accommodates another large 5ft kingsize double bed which can spilt to create 2 singles, a modern solid wood wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet with both bedrooms having fresh, crisp white cotton linen.
The main bathroom has a splendid roll top bath with shower over, toilet, wash hand basin and vinyl flooring. Crisp white towels are provided for each guest and are laid out on beds prior to your arrival.
Our prices advertised on our website are for up to 4 people over 2 bedrooms in large 5ft king size double beds that can split to create singles plus we can accommodate 1-2 additional guests within the apartment if required on a bed settee within the lounge with additional guests being charged £25 per person per week/part week or we charge £25 per set of extra linen requested.
All linen and towels are provided and are changed weekly with a mid week maid service available on request. Child cots, highchairs and stairgates also available at no extra cost. (If cots are provided guests are asked to please bring their own child bedding).
The Georgian Apartment is pet friendly and welcomes well behaved 4 legged friends at no extra cost, we just kindly ask that any ‘deposits’ they may leave are removed prior to your departure.
Prior to your stay we are happy to help arrange any activities you may wish to organise and answer any questions regarding the local area or things to possibly do. We can also help organise catering options at the property be it an ‘a la carte’ meal for a special occasion, a hearty breakfast to see you through the day or afternoon tea. For menu choices etc please see the following link – private dining
* Our star system is based on current English standards
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to the suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services on offer for all guests/visitors.
The Georgian Apartment is a self catering, 2 bedroom Georgian Grade 2 listed apartment on the edge of the pedestrianised High Street in the southern coastal town of Gosport. It sleeps up to 4 (+2) guests. The apartment is surprising large and is well appointed with good access to local shops, attractions and local bus routes. It provides a comprehensive welcome folder for guests outlining important and useful information with contact numbers available for the owners.
- For full details and maps of how to reach the property see the directions and maps section of www.completeholidayhomes.co.uk. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp; simply enter your postcode and the houses, which is PO12 1BX to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Portsmouth harbour which is a short 5-10 minute walk from the apartment to the Gosport – Portsmouth ferry, which is then a 4 minute crossing. Taxis are available this side of the harbour, if necessary. If you require an wheelchair accessible taxi this can be booked locally from Sky Cars on 02392 522522.
- The property is set over two floors on the 2nd and 3rd floor without a lift so is not be suitable for those who are wheelchair dependent.
- There are local shops that provide equipment hire should you need it and if you do have any requirements let us know and we will be pleased to help. We would happily recommend ‘Solent Mobility Center’ 023 9200 9999, http://solentmobility.co.uk/.
- The Welcome Folder and this Access Statement are available in larger print on request.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- You will be met at the property, shown around and offered useful local knowledge to assist you in your stay.
- Parking is available by the side if the property for 2 cars and there is additional roadside parking subject to availability.
Entrance to property
- The front ground floor door is off the main tarmacked pavement and 30″ wide.
- There is a row of tiles before the threshold to the front door that are 1″ high and 8.5″ in depth.
- There is one step into the property that is 4.5″ high.
- There is a cloak room on entrance that is 52″ in length, this area is laminated, it is well lit with a motion sensored light that automatically comes on upon entrance.
- There is a second door that leads to the small hall area (61″) before the first flight of stairs, this is a carpeted area and the door is 30″ wide.
Hall, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The stairs are approximately 7″ high and 10″ in depth with a hand rail located on the right.
- On the first flight of stairs, there are 2 steps leading to a small square half landing that measures 32.5″ width. There is then another 2 steps leading to another small square half landing of the same width.
- There are a further 9 steps, leading to another small square half landing with an additional 1 step that leads to 6 more steps to take you to the 1st floor.
- The passage way on the first floor is laminated and is 36″ wide with a shower room, kitchen and lounge leading off.
- The second flight of stairs leading to the second floor bedrooms comprises of 9 steps leading to a small square half landing, with an additional 9 steps to the second floor.
- The hand rail for the second flight of stairs is located on the left.
- The landing on the second floor has two single leather armchairs with a small coffee table in the middle of them for guests to relax and read etc.
- All stairs are carpeted and are well lit
- The sitting room is located to the front of the first floor.
- There is a small wooden threshold to be crossed to access this area.
- The door into this area is 31″ wide.
- This area is covered with laminate flooring.
- The room has two 2/3 seater leather sofas (that can convert to create sofa beds, if required) and one small single leather armchair, all with cushions.
- There is plenty of room to move around with the furniture situated where it is.
- The room is lit up by 3 large windows as well as additional chandelier in the middle of the ceiling.
- The kitchen/diner is situated on the first floor.
- There is level access to this room.
- The door is 29″ wide.
- The flooring is vinyl.
- Situated in the middle of the kitchen, is a dining table that seats 4-6 guests.
- The chairs are vinyl upholstered.
- The table measures 35.5″ wide by 63″ in length by 30″ in height.
- The oven doors drop down and the maximum height of the oven is 29″ from the floor.
- The hob is 36″ from the floor and the microwave is 36″ from the floor.
- Work surfaces/ food preparation areas are 36″ from the floor.
- The cupboards containing crockery and foodstuffs are 57″ from the floor.
- The height of the highest shelf of the fridge is 51″ from the floor and the lowest drawer 28″.
- The freezer is located in a cupboard above the fridge, the top shelf is 70″ from the floor.
- The sink tap is a single lever mixer tap with a 2 bowl sink and drainer.
- The room is lit up by 2 large windows as well as 3 ceiling mounted spotlights.
Bedrooms and sleeping areas
- There are two bedrooms both located on the second floor.
- The door way to bedroom 1 is 29.5″ wide.
- There is level access to this room.
- This area is carpeted with a medium sized rug in the middle.
- Access around the sides of the bed are 36″ at the most narrow point.
- The door way to bedroom 2 is 29″
- There is a wooden threshold to be crossed before entering this room.
- This area is carpeted.
- Access around the sides of the bed are 24″ at the most narrow point.
- The beds are zip link 5ft king size and the configuration can be changed to singles to accommodate the guest’s needs. The mattress heights are 26″.
- Both bedrooms are lit by large windows as well as ceiling mounted lighting, with additional bedside lamps.
- There is a good selection of storage options within both rooms with wardrobes and chest of drawers.
Bathrooms/ Shower Rooms
- There is a 1st floor shower room and a 2nd floor bathroom.
- The shower room has level access and the door is 29″ wide.
- This area is vinyl floored.
- This room comprises, a large wash basin, 31″ from the floor, a towel radiator, a toilet which is 16.5″ from the floor, and a shower cubicle with a step up of 8″.
- The bathroom has level access and the door is 28″ wide.
- This area is vinyl floored.
- This room comprises, a large wash basin, 33″ from the floor, a towel radiator, a toilet which is 16.5″ from the floor and a large bath, which is 25″ from the floor at the highest point. There is a shower hose attached to the taps and a shower curtain around the bath.
- Both bathroom are lit by windows as well as spotlights.
Location & Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What time is check in/out?
A - Check in times are between 2 - 6pm (unless agreed otherwise) with checkout by 10am on day of departure. If an early check in or late departure time is required then we will do what we can to help, however if this is vital for your plans we recommend guests book the extra night.
Q - Are towels and linen provided?
A - Bedding, linen and bathroom towels are provided with linen and towels changed weekly. Additional bedding, linen and bathroom towels are available at the cost of £25 per set, if required.
Q - What is the broadband speed and mobile phone reception like at Georgian Apartment?
A – Below left are the links to see the UK’s coverage for the major 6 mobile phone networks. These are intended for use as a guide only and are not always 100% accurate as forces outside of the control of the telephone providers may affect the signal within or around the property.
Below right is the results of a recent broadband/wifi speed test taken within the property. This gives a good indication of speeds available within the building but may vary depending on external factors at any given time.