Cambrian House is a lovely 4 bedroom Victorian detached property situated within the southern seaside coastal town of Gosport, Hampshire, a seaside peninsular with over 24 miles of waterfront access. The house has been restored, refurbished and furnished to a good 4* star standard and is within a 5 minute drive of Stokes Bay beach and Gosport town centre where the ferry can take you for a short 4 minute ride to Portsmouth and the wonderful Gunwharf Quays.
- 4 double bedrooms sleeping 10 (+3)
- King double or single beds to suit with all linen provided
- 2 shower rooms and a large roll top bath with all towels provided
- Dining room (seating 12) just off the kitchen
- Comfortable lounge with a large flat screen TV and Wii
- Fitted kitchen, fully equipped for self catering
- Large conservatory/gamesroom
- Wireless Broadband, Radio/CD and I-Pod Docking Station
- Tastefully and comfortably furnished
- Private gardens front and rear
- Pet friendly
- Limited hot tub availability (at additional cost, please contact us for further details)
- 4 minute ferry ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays
- Ferry to Gunwharf Quays up until 2am weekdays and 4am weekends
- Self catering with private chef and other catering options available
- Short breaks available all year round and all groups welcome
Each of the 4 lovely bedrooms have superior quality kingsize double beds which can separate to create 2 singles and are made up with crisp white cotton linen and fresh white towels for all guests. 2 of the bedrooms are ‘family’ rooms being able to sleep 3, 4 or 5 guests sleeping up to 12 in the bedrooms if required, plus some of the bedrooms can also accommodate children’s cots on request.
The 2 high spec bathrooms both have quality fitted showers and the main bathroom is also fitted with a large roll top bath with all towelling provided.
The kitchen is fully equipped for self catering with a large vintage style Smeg fridge freezer and an original centre isle butchers block chopping table and is situated adjacent to the dining room which is home to a large 12 seater dining table. The lounge is off the main centre hallway and has a large flat screen TV, DVD and Nintendo Wii.
Also off the kitchen is a comfortable sized breakfast room leading out into an impressive large conservatory with another table and 6 chairs, 2 x 2 seater leather sofas plus a 5ft pool/table tennis table to keep young and old alike amused, away from the separate front lounge.
Finally there are the gardens, the front laid with pea shingle and border shrubs and the rear being accessed from gated driveways either side and the French doors from the conservatory with tables, chairs, a lawned area, trampoline etc. You can also hire in a Hot Tub, if desired. (Conditions apply-please contact us for further details).
Our prices advertised on our website are for up to 10 people but we can accommodate a 2 more people within the bedrooms on John Lewis bed chairs plus the lounge also has a John Lewis corner sofa bed with the additional guests over 10 being charged at a rate of £25 per week/part week per head or we charge £25 per set of extra linen requested.
All linen and towels are provided and are changed weekly with a mid week maid service available on request. Child cots, highchairs and stairgates also available at no extra cost. (If cots are provided guests are asked to please bring their own childs bedding).
Cambrian House is pet friendly and welcomes well behaved 4 legged friends at no extra cost, we just kindly ask that any ‘deposits’ they may leave are removed prior to your departure.
Prior to your stay we are happy to help arrange any activities you may wish to organise and answer any questions regarding the local area or things to possibly do. We can also help organise catering options at the property be it an ‘a la carte’ meal for a special occasion, a hearty breakfast to see you through the day, afternoon tea, or an informal barbecue in the garden. For menu choices etc please see the following link –private dining
All our properties are located within residential areas so we do have neighbours whom we need to consider. If you feel you could comfortably monitor noise levels (in particular out in the gardens and outside areas into the evenings) then we would love to have you stay and have had countless gatherings who have had a great time with us at our properties. If however you feel that it would not be possible to monitor noise levels, then we would have to recommend you consider something more rural, without neighbours.
* Our star system is based on current English standards
Entrance to property
• The front gate is 32″ wide.
• The front door is 33.5″ wide and there is a step into the property that is 3.5″ high.
• There is access to the property via the conservatory to the rear of the property, the door is 26.5″ wide however both doors can be open to allow a 53″ wide space.
• The step into the conservatory is 5″ high.
• The floor to the entrance is 39″ wide.
• The entrance is lit by pendent lights.
Halls, Stairs, Landings and Passageways
• The passageway to the ground floor is 39″ wide.
• The floor is tiled.
• There are 10 steps to a half landing that are 7″ high by 33.5″ wide by 9″ deep.
• There is a slight spiral towards the half landing and the hand rail is situated to the right.
• There are then 6 more steps to the top floor that are 7″ high by 33.5″ wide by 9″ deep.
• The stairs are carpeted down the middle with wooden sides.
• There are a set of 5 steps leading up to the 1st floor family bathroom, these steps are 7″ high by 25.5″ wide by 7″ deep.
Sitting Room/ Lounge
• The lounge is situated on the ground floor and has level access.
• The floor is laminated.
• The door is 27.5″ wide.
• There is a good selection of seating with a large 3 seater sofa, 2 armchairs and a selection of stool cubes.
• The furniture is somewhat moveable however there is good access around the whole of the room.
• The room is lit by a large window and a chandelier as well as table lamps.
• The dining room is situated on the ground floor and has level access.
• The floor is laminated.
• This room is accessible via the kitchen as well as the hallway.
• The door via the hall is 27.5″ wide and the door via the kitchen is 26″ wide.
• The room has a main table with wooden chairs with fabric cushions.
• The table seats up to 10 guests and is 28″ from the floor.
• This room is lit by a large window as well as a pendent light and also benefits from wall mounted lamps.
• The kitchen is situated on the ground floor with level access via the dining room as well as the conservatory.
• The door is 31″ wide.
• The floor is tiled.
• The oven door drops down and has a maximum height of 28″ from the floor.
• The hob is 35″ from the floor.
• The microwave is 35″ from the floor.
• Work surfaces/ food preparation areas are 35″ from the floor.
• The cupboards containing crockery and foodstuffs are 51″ from the floor.
• The height of the highest shelf in the fridge is 30″ from the floor, and the height of the lowest drawer is 5″ from the floor.
• The highest shelf in the freezer is 53.5″ from the floor and the lowest shelf is 48.5″ from the floor.
• The sink tap is a double lever mixer tap.
• There is also a free standing chopping board/preparation area that stands 31.5″ from the floor.
• The kitchen is lit by a large window as well as pendent lights.
• There are 4 bedrooms that are all situated on the first floor.
• All have level access and all have laminate flooring.
• The doors are all approximately 26″-28″ wide.
• The beds are zip link 5ft king size and the configuration of these can be changed to singles to accommodate guests needs. The mattress heights are 26″. There is also a standard sized bunk bed in room 3.
• The access around room one is 18″ wide at the most narrow point.
• The access around room two is 26″ wide at the most narrow point.
• The access around room three is 37″ wide at the most narrow point.
• The access around room four is 20″ wide at the most narrow point.
• Bedding materials are cotton sheets and polyester pillows and duvets.
• There is a good selection of storage in all rooms with wardrobes, chest of drawers and bedside tables.
• All rooms are lit by windows, pendent lights or chandeliers plus benefit from bedside lamps.
Bathrooms, Shower rooms, Toilets
• One bathroom is situated on the first floor and is a family bathroom.
• The door is 24″ wide.
• This bathroom floor is tiled.
• The wash basin is 28″ from the floor and has two separate taps.
• The w.c is 85″ from the floor with a pull chain to flush.
• There is a bath with a shower attachment and has a step of 23″ from the floor.
• There is a shower cubicle that has a step of 10″ high.
• This bathroom is lit by a window and a pendent light.
• The second bathroom is situated on the ground floor and is a family bathroom.
• This bathroom has level access and has tiled flooring.
• The door is 26″ wide.
• The wash basin is 36″ from the floor.
• The w.c is 16.5″ from the floor.
• There is a shower cubicle that has a step of 9″ high.
• This bathroom is lit by spotlights.
• The conservatory floor is tiled.
• There are 2 two seater leather sofas as well as a table that can seat up to 6 guests, the height of the table is 29″ from the floor.
• There is a pool table as well as other table top games.
• The internal doors to the conservatory are 65″ wide when both open.
• The garden is accessible via the side of the property.
• There is a good mixture of seating as well as a sheltered area for if guests request a hot tub.
• There is a mixture of grass as well as paved areas.
Location & Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What time is check in/out?
A - Check in times are between 2 - 6pm (unless agreed otherwise) with checkout by 10am on day of departure. If an early check in or late departure time is required then we will do what we can to help, however if this is vital for your plans we recommend guests book the extra night.
Q - Are towels and linen provided?
A - Bedding, linen and bathroom towels are provided with linen and towels changed weekly. Additional bedding, linen and bathroom towels are available at the cost of £25 per set, if required.
Q - What is the broadband speed and mobile phone reception like at Cambrian House?
A – Below left are the links to see the UK’s coverage for the major 6 mobile phone networks. These are intended for use as a guide only and are not always 100% accurate as forces outside of the control of the telephone providers may affect the signal within or around the property.
Below right is the results of a recent broadband/wifi speed test taken within the property. This gives a good indication of speeds available within the building but may vary depending on external factors at any given time.