Bury Villa is a large impressive Georgian Grade II listed former gentleman’s residence set in the southern coastal town of Gosport, Hampshire, a seaside peninsular with over 24 miles of waterfront access. The 7 bedrooms can sleep up to 18 guests in double or single/bunk beds and is ideal for special get togethers, family holidays, business or crew accommodation.
- 7 double bedrooms sleeping up to 18
- Double, single or bunk beds with all linen included
- 7 shower rooms (6 en suite and one with bath)
- Basement games room
- Separate breakfast + dining rooms
- Large kitchen, fully equipped for self-catering
- Wireless broadband
- Period features
- Pet friendly
- Private gardens and off road parking for up to 5 vehicles
- Shared drive with adjoining holiday cottage ‘The Coach House’
- The ‘Coach House’ can be rented separately for up to 8 guests
- 5 minute drive to beach
- 10 minute walk into town and ferry to Portsmouth
- 4 minute ferry ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays
- Ferry to Gunwharf Quays up until 2am weekdays and 4am weekends
- Self catering with private chef and other catering options available
- Short breaks available all year round and all groups welcome
Each of the 7 bedrooms have superior quality double or single beds and are made up with superior quality linen and fresh towels for all guests. Some of the bedrooms are ‘family’ rooms which can sleep 3/4, whichever your request, plus some of the bedrooms can also accommodate children’s cots where required.
The 7 bathrooms all have quality fitted showers and one of the en-suites is also fitted with a large ‘P’ bath shaped with all towelling provided.
The kitchen comes fitted with all essential mod cons and is fully equipped for self-catering with a large range style gas cooker, a dishwasher and a large free standing fridge freezer etc. The adjacent utility room houses the washing machine and a separate sink. A separate breakfast room is also located off the kitchen and can seat up to 8.
The dining room can accommodate up to 18 seated guests and has large original wooden Georgian doors opening into the lounge which has 3 large leather sofas with additional seating on pouffes centered around an original marble fireplace.
The basement has been converted to create a good sized games room to accommodate a pool table and a bar football table and a large TV to keep young and old ‘kids’ amused for hours, a good distance away from living rooms and bedrooms, to not disturb those looking for peace and quiet.
Off the breakfast room the landlord has recently created a timber framed internal hot tub area, incorporating an additional 8th shower room, which then has double French doors that lead out into the garden. If desired this area can be hired for an additional sum along with a hired Hot Tub (Conditions apply – please contact us for further details).
Finally there are the gardens, the front with a small lawn and parking for up to 5 vehicles and the rear garden has a large lawn and a paved/wooden decked areas with garden furniture and gas BBQ.
The front drive is also shared with another of our properties ‘The Coach House’ which is another 4 bedroom detached holiday cottage sleeping up to 8. Both properties can be rented together to accommodate up to 27 guests.
Our prices advertised on our website for Bury Villa are for up to 18 people with all linen and towels provided which are changed weekly with a mid week maid service available on request. Child cots and highchairs are also available at no extra cost. (If cots are provided guests are asked to please bring their own child’s bedding).
Prior to your stay we are happy to help arrange any activities you may wish to organise and answer any questions regarding the local area or things to possibly do. We can also help organise catering options at the property be it an ‘a la carte’ meal for a special occasion, a hearty breakfast to see you through the day, afternoon tea, or an informal barbecue in the garden. For menu choices etc please see the following link –private dining
All our properties are located within residential areas so we do have neighbours whom we need to consider. If you feel you could comfortably monitor noise levels (in particular out in the gardens and outside areas into the evenings) then we would love to have you stay and have had countless gatherings who have had a great time with us at our properties. If however you feel that it would not be possible to monitor noise levels, then we would have to recommend you consider something more rural, without neighbours.
* Our star system is based on current English standards
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to the suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services on offer for all guests/visitors.
Bury Villa is a self catering, 7 bedroom Grade 2 Georgian former gentleman’s residence in the southern coastal town of Gosport. It sleeps up to 18 guests and is suitable for get togethers, family holidays, business or crew accommodation. The house is well appointed with good access to local shops, the town centre, attractions and local bus routes. It provides a comprehensive welcome folder for guests outlining important and useful information with contact numbers available for the owners.
- For full details and maps of how to reach the property see the directions and maps section of www.completeholidayhomes.co.uk. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp; simply enter your postcode and the houses, which is PO12 3UD to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Portsmouth harbour which is a couple of miles away on the Portsmouth side of Gosport / Portsmouth ferry which is a short 5 minute boat journey over the water. Taxis are available this side of the harbour. If you require an wheelchair accessible taxi this can be booked locally from Sky Cars on 02392 522522.
- The property is set over two levels plus a basement and has some fairly narrow doorways which fall short of the recommended width for wheelchair access, so the property would not be suitable for those chair dependent.
- There are local shops that provide equipment hire should you need it and if you do have any requirements let us know and we will be pleased to help. We would happily recommend ‘Solent Mobility Center’ 023 9200 9999, http://solentmobility.co.uk/.
- A welcome hamper is provided upon your arrival which gives some of the basics and local shops are within a 5 minute walk.
- The Welcome Folder and this Access Statement are available in larger print on request.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- You will be met at the property, shown around and offered useful local knowledge to assist you in your stay.
- Parking is available right outside the front door for 3 cars and there is additional roadside parking subject to availability. The front curb is dipped and the pea shingle area to the front of the property leads directly to the front door. Visibility to the front is provided by streetlights giving a good level of coverage.
Entrance to property
- There are 3 steps up to an external paved entrance.
- Once at the door which measures 30″ wide, there is then a 6.5″ high step which takes you into an internal entrance lobby.
- The lobby measures 33″ wide by 74″ in length and has flagstone flooring.
- There is a very slightly raised step into the main carpeted internal hallway through the internal lobby door that is 34″ wide.
Halls, Stairs, Landings and Passageways
- The hallway to the ground floor is a carpeted area and is 53″ wide at the narrowest point.
- The first flight of stairs is all carpet with 11 steps all measuring approximately 33″ wide by 10″ deep by 6.5″ high.
- This leads you to a small half landing that measures 32″ wide by 79″ in length.
- There is then a second flight of 8 steps all measuring approximately 32″ wide by 10″ deep by 6.5″ high, this flight of stairs is also carpeted.
- The hallways are lit by a chandelier and pendent lights.
- The sitting room/lounge is accessed via the hallway and through the dining room and has level access to a carpeted area.
- The doorway from the hall is 32″ wide and the doorway from the dining room is 83″ wide.
- The room has a good mixture of seating with two 2 seater sofas and one 3 seater sofa as well as footstalls and one armchair. All furniture is moveable and there is good access around the whole of the room.
- The room is well lit by two large windows as well as a chandelier when needed.
- The dining room is situated off the lounge and has level access to a carpeted area.
- It is also accessible from the hall and the door is 32″ or the door from the sitting room/lounge is 83″ wide.
- The room has a main table across the width of the room and two smaller tables that can be set up in a T-section and can seat up from 19 guests to dine with leather upholstered seats.
- The room is lit by one large window as well as a chandelier when needed.
- The kitchen is situated opposite to the lounge and dining room with level access via the hall or the breakfast room.
- The doors from both rooms are 32″ wide and the kitchen is covered with vinyl flooring.
- There is a large freestanding range style cooker and the oven doors drop down and the maximum height of these are 27″ from the floor and the hob is 35″ from the floor.
- The microwave is 36″ from the floor.
- Work surfaces/food preparation areas are 36″ from the floor.
- The cupboards containing foodstuffs and crockery are 56″ from the floor.
- The highest shelf in the fridge is 54.5″ from the floor, however this is adjustable and the height of the lowest shelf in the fridge is 37.5″ from the floor.
- The highest shelf in the freezer is 28″ from the floor and the height of the lowest drawer is the freezer is 15″ from the floor.
- The sink tap is a double lever mixer tap and there is a bowl and a half sink with a drainer.
- This area is lit by a large window as well as strip lights situated above the cupboards and below the cupboards.
- The breakfast room off the kitchen has level access and accommodates a table that can seat up to 6-8 guests with wooden chairs and cushions.
- From the breakfast room, there is a door to a second set of stairs that take you up to the first floor in between bedrooms 6 and 7. There is a total of 13 steps leading to bedroom 6 and an additional 2 steps to take you into bedroom 1. These steps are 30″ wide by 9″ deep by 7″ high.
- There are 7 bedrooms within the property, 6 on the first floor and 1 on the ground floor.
- All bedrooms are carpeted and have level access.
- The doors to each of the bedroom are: Bedroom 1 = 31″, Bedroom 2 = 31″, Bedroom 3 = 31″, Bedroom 4 = 31″, Bedroom 5 = 31″, Bedroom 6 = 31″ from the breakfast room and 29″ from bedroom 1 and Bedroom 7 = 27″.
- The access around the rooms at the most narrow point are: Bedroom 1 = 16″, Bedroom 2 = 18″, Bedroom 3 = 15″, Bedroom 4 = 27″, Bedroom 5 = 18″, Bedroom 6 = 35″ and Bedroom 7 = 27″.
- All bedrooms are lit by windows as well as ceiling mounted pendent lights when needed.
- All beds are fixed and are non-adjustable.
- The heights of the mattresses are between 24″ and 25″ for the doubles and between 22″ and 25″ for the singles.
Bathrooms/Shower room and toilets
- There are 7 bath/shower rooms within the property.
- There is an en suite shower room to bedroom 1 on the ground floor with a slightly raised threshold and vinyl flooring and this door is 25″ wide. This room also has a toilet, wash basin and a shower cubicle with a step up of 9″ high. The basin height is 32″ from the floor and has a a pair of pillar taps. This room is lit by a window and a ceiling mounted globe light.
- Bedroom 2 and the remainder of the bedrooms are on the first floor and bedroom 2 has an en suite with a slightly raised threshold and vinyl flooring and the door is 28″ wide. This room has a toilet and a wash basin with a height is 32″ from the floor with a single lever mixer tap, plus a shower cubicle with a step up 7″ high. This room is lit by a ceiling mounted globe light.
- Bedroom 3 does not have an en suite but directly opposite is a communal shower room with level access and tiled flooring and the door is 31″ wide. This room has a toilet and a wash basin with a height of 32″ from the floor and a single lever mixer tap, plus a shower cubicle with a step up of 4” This room is lit a ceiling mounted globe light.
- Bedroom 4 has an en suite bathroom with level access and tiled flooring and the door is 26″ wide. This room has a large bath with a step in measuring 22″ from the floor. The bath also has a shower over and twin pillar taps for the bath. This room also has a toilet and a wash basin with a height of 34″ from the floor and a single lever mixer tap. This area is lit by a window and a ceiling mounted globe light.
- Bedroom 5 has an en suite shower room with level access and tiled flooring and the door is 25″ wide. This room has a toilet as well as a wash basin with a height of 31.5″ from the floor and a single lever mixer tap plus a shower cubicle with a step of 5″ high. This area is lit by a window and a ceiling mounted globe light.
- Bedroom 6 has an en suite shower room with a slightly raised threshold and vinyl flooring with a door that is 27″ wide. This room has a toilet as well as a wash basin with a height of 32″ from the floor and a single lever mixer tap plus a shower cubicle with a step of 5″ high and is lit by a ceiling mounted globe light.
- Bedroom 7 is a small single bedroom with a wash hand basin under the window measuring 35” from the floor with a single lever tap. There is then a 25” door leading into a small en suite with toilet and shower cubicle with a 6” stop up and has a slightly raised threshold and tiled flooring. This room is lit by a ceiling mounted globe light.
- All W.C heights are approximately 16.5″ from the floor.
- The games room is accessible from the ground floor hallway under the main stairs and the door via the hallway is 27″ and there is a step down of 8” onto a half landing that measures 32″ wide, 81″ in length.
- From the half landing, there is a second door that is 30″ wide and this takes you to a set of 10 steps measuring approximately 28″ wide by 10″ deep by 8″ high.
- The games room has vinyl flooring with limited access around the table top football and the pool table.
- The garden is accessible via the hall and the breakfast room.
- The doorway from the hall is 30″ wide and the door from the breakfast room is 29″ wide.
- From both access points, there are two steps down onto the main patio area, these are 34″ wide by 6″ deep by 9″ high for one step and 45″ wide by 12″ deep by 5″ high on the second which leads from the hall. The steps from the breakfast room measure 31″ wide by 5.5″ deep by 5″ high on the first step and 31″ wide by 12″ deep by 6″ high on the second step.
- The garden has a large paved patio area as well as grass area.
Location & Map
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What time is check in/out?
A - Check in times are between 2 - 6pm (unless agreed otherwise) with checkout by 10am on day of departure. If an early check in or late departure time is required then we will do what we can to help, however if this is vital for your plans we recommend guests book the extra night.
Q - Are towels and linen provided?
A - Bedding, linen and bathroom towels are provided with linen and towels changed weekly. Additional bedding, linen and bathroom towels are available at the cost of £25 per set, if required.
Q - What is the broadband speed and mobile phone reception like at Bury Villa?
A – Below left are the links to see the UK’s coverage for the major 6 mobile phone networks. These are intended for use as a guide only and are not always 100% accurate as forces outside of the control of the telephone providers may affect the signal within or around the property.
Below right is the results of a recent broadband/wifi speed test taken within the property. This gives a good indication of speeds available within the building but may vary depending on external factors at any given time.